One of the beauties of this set-up is the intake faces straight forward so air is literally rammed into the supercharger, compressed and sent directly to the engine with absolutely mininal piping.
Advantages of the crankshaft drive are:
1. Extremely reliable. Easier on the supercharger than a belt or chain.
2. Very little or no maintenance required.
3. No belt or chain to wear out.
4. Supercharger air intake faces forward.
5. Minimal piping, excellent engine serviceability.
6. Extremely fine tuning possible with 67 gear ratios available. Incremental speed changes of less than 3%. Easy change over.
7. Drive is custom designed and built to fit your race car.